|Home||Who we are||What we do||Where we work||News, events & media||Contact us|
BioOne provides access to a full-text database of current scholarly research in the biological, ecological and environmental sciences.
A mobile site is also available.
Until 31 December 2015
Albania, Angola, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Cambodia, Cameroon, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lesotho, Macedonia, Malawi, Mali, Moldova, Mongolia, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nigeria, Palestine, Senegal, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Institutions in the countries above: if you are interested in gaining access to BioOne, please contact your EIFL-Licensing Coordinator.
Available to members only here.
Biological, ecological, and environmental sciences
- Offers access to 179 high-impact research journals from 136 not-for-profit society publishers - over 85,000 full-text articles and growing daily.
- All journals include at least two years of backfiles, with many available back to 2000.
- At present, 74% of BioOne titles are ISI-ranked, and almost half are available in electronic format exclusively on BioOne
- OpenURL, COUNTER 2, SUSHI and Shibboleth compliant.
- Z39.50 protocol to support federated searching.
- Automated deposits to Portico and LOCKSS.
- Personalization features such as save articles and searches, TOC alerts, citation management, and email articles.
- Enhanced search options including basic, boolean, wildcards, stemming, session history, and related content.
- Title lists (available in PDF and CSV format)
- Resources for Librarians (including training guides and promotional materials)
- Training materials for end users
- BioOne training resources
Click here for information about BioOne.