Overview | Agreement term | Eligible countries | Pricing and licences | Subject coverage | Key features | Further information | About the vendor
BioOne provides access to a full-text database of current scholarly research in the biological, ecological and environmental sciences.
A new mobile site is also available.
Until 31 December 2015
Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Cambodia, Cameroon, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lesotho, Macedonia, Malawi, Mali, Moldova, Mongolia, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Nigeria, Palestine, Senegal, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Institutions in the countries above: if you are interested in gaining access to BioOne, please contact your EIFL-Licensing Coordinator.
Pricing and licences
Available to members only here.
[Back to top]
Biological, ecological, and environmental sciences
- Offers access to 171 high-impact research journals from 129 not-for-profit society publishers - over 85,000 full-text articles and growing daily.
- All journals include at least two years of backfiles, with many available back to 2000.
- At present, 69% of BioOne titles are ISI-ranked, and almost half are available in electronic format exclusively on BioOne
- OpenURL, COUNTER 2, SUSHI and Shibboleth compliant.
- Z39.50 protocol to support federated searching.
- Automated deposits to Portico and LOCKSS.
- Personalization features such as save articles and searches, TOC alerts, citation management, and email articles.
- Enhanced search options including basic, boolean, wildcards, stemming, session history, and related content.
About the vendor
Click here for information about BioOne.
[Back to top]