ABOUT THE E-RESOURCE
Oxford Medicine Online is home to Oxford University Press' medical publishing, bringing together authoritative texts such as the Oxford Textbook of Medicine, the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine and works from the Mayo Clinic Scientific Press, available online for the first time, plus a question and answer toolkit to help student prepare for the Board Exams.
The Oxford Textbook of Medicine is the foremost international textbook of medicine. Unrivalled in its coverage of the scientific aspects and clinical practice of internal medicine and its subspecialties, it is a fixture in the offices and wards of physicians around the world.
The Oxford Handbook of Tropical Medicine is the definitive resource for medical problems in tropical regions, and in low-resource settings. Comprehensive in scope, it is fully up-to-date and includes new chapters on humanitarian crises, poisoning and envenoming, nosocomial infections, and antibiotic resistance.
Internal medicine and its subspecialties
- The very best in international medicine from the world's greatest clinicians and medical scientists
- Bi-annual updates to the text, including full chapter re-writes, new images, figures, and chapter appendices
- Over 900 titles (titles added each month)
- Over 85,900 zoomable images (for example to see the detail on an x-ray), diagrams and tables
- Over 1,470 videos - seeing movement disorders, or heart arrhythmias gives so much more understanding than simply describing them in a print book
- Question and answer functionality - vital for the medical profession who are continually learning and taking exams
- A video introduction to the resource by the authors, available on the OTM homepage
- Hosted on the re-launched Oxford Medicine Online website which offers COUNTER Statistics at book level, OpenURL compliance, linking citations across your library catalogue, MARC21 records free of charge, and full online help and technical support
- Offers practical guidance on clinical management and the prevention of disease
- Contains contributions from over 750 of the world's best known clinicians and medical scientists
- Offers reference links to PubMed, ISI and CrossRef
- Content is systematically reviewed and updated regularly to cover important new developments