|Home||Who we are||What we do||Where we work||News, events & media||Contact us|
Libraries and the policy of open access to information and knowledge
Conference organizers: The Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Belarus, Eurasian Library Assembly, Belarusian Library Association and The National Library of Belarus.
Location: National Library of Belarus
Planned discussion topics:
- Improvement of legislation and governmental regulation in the sphere of open access to information and knowledge.
- Library activities for implementation of the right to free access to information and knowledge.
- Public information and intellectual property protection.
- National and international programs on free access to information resources of public and special libraries.
- Simple access to information and knowledge through the modern information technologies.
- Strategies of development of public information as an instrument of international cooperation.
- Provision of free access to information resources to socially vulnerable people.
- Development and cooperation of electronic libraries and archives.
- Interlibrary cooperation: traditions and prospects in the digital era.
- Scientific management and human resources for innovative development of libraries.
- The book of Belarus: past, present, future.
Target participants: representatives of libraries, museums, archives, educational and research institutions, industries and other institutions, legislative and executive bodies and civil society organizations.
Working languages: Russian, Belarusian, English.
Iryna Kuchma, EIFL-OA programme manager will present about Open Access Policies and The Role of the Libraries.