|Home||Who we are||What we do||Where we work||News, events & media||Contact us|
Open Access 2010: Kenya
Benefits of Open Access for Research Dissemination, Usage, Visibility and Impact workshop, August 30, 2010, Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology, Kenya.
Programme, presentations and report
1. Programme [PDF].
2. Introduction to open access, open education, open science and open innovations. Benefits for researchers and research managers. By Iryna Kuchma, Open Access programme manager, EIFL [PDF]
3. Open Access scholarly publishing: a chance for visibility of higher education institutions in Africa. By Irene Kibandi [PDF]
4. Open access institutional repositories in Kenya. Rosemary Otando, University of Nairobi Library [PDF]
5. Open Access Initiatives: Jomo Kenyatta of Agriculture and Technology. Peter Mativo, Ag University Librarian [PDF]
6. Energy Access for Powering Open Access Repositories. Francis Xavier Ochieng, Institute of Energy & Environmental Technology (IEET), JKUAT [PDF]
7. Institutional open access policies and open access repository policies. Iryna Kuchma, EIFL Open Access Programme manager [PDF]
8. Copyright management in open access repository projects. Iryna Kuchma, Open Access programme manager, EIFL [PDF]
9. Closing Remarks and Vote of Thanks. Jane Gikandi [PDF]
10. Workshop report [PDF]