Our approach to developing and supporting library consortia has proved to be a successful and sustainable model of delivering access to knowledge.
- Over the last ten years, librarians in our network have become effective advocates for access to knowledge in over 60 countries, and together we have achieved significant change. As a result of our activities, users have access to a wider range of e-resources than would otherwise have been possible.
- Through central negotiations with commercial publishers, we have achieved substantial savings in terms of time and money for the libraries in our network.
- Open access mandates have been adopted, and institutional repositories created, due to our advocacy and support, increasing the visibility and usage of scholarly output from researchers in our partner countries.
- National copyright laws have been improved as a result of our international advocacy, and through our efforts to build a network of local and regional activists in the library community.
- We have also enabled libraries to offer an enhanced service to their users through better ICT infrastructure.
Get to know the people in the EIFL network! Read about the achievements and success stories of EIFL librarians in this regular feature. Read EIFL spotlights.
Annual Report 2011
Read our report