[sagreenstone] Ver 2.82 Remote GLI Login Error

Amos Kujenga akujenga at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 11:07:19 EEST 2009

Dear All,

I'm running Greenstone 2.82 on Windows Vista & also on Windows Server 2003,
using Apache as the webserver and running Java RE1.5.0_02.

I've religiously followed the instructions on how to install Apache on
Windows as given on the page (
http://wiki.greenstone.org/wiki/index.php/Setting_up_an_Apache_Web_Server_for_Greenstone_2_Walkthrough)
& the Remote installation procedure as on
http://wiki.greenstone.org/wiki/index.php/Remote_Greenstone.

However, when trying to login, I'm getting an error:

"An error has occurred on the remote Greenstone Server while performing this
operation:
 Java failed: java -classpath  .../bin/java/GLIServer.jar"  ...... org.
greenstone.gatherer.remote.ZipCollectionConfigurations ..... "

Upon searching the archives, I've noted that this is not a new problem but,
unfortunately I could not get any posting that seemed to give an answer and
so conclude the matter.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards

Amos