ABOUT THE E-RESOURCE
The Annual Reviews journals collection includes a total of 50 journals. The reviews summarize current knowledge, place that knowledge into a larger context, and direct readers to the primary literature. With the bibliographies in hand, users can use the Web or their library to further explore their topics of interest.
In 2017, a total of 1,079 articles were published, written by 2,039 expert authors from 47 countries.
34 of the Annual Reviews journals are ranked in the top 5 in multiple disciplines.
Sciences, life sciences, biomedical sciences, agriculture, physical sciences, social sciences, economics
Annual Reviews articles:
- Capture current understanding of a topic, including what is well supported and what is controversial;
- Set the work in historical context;
- Highlight the major questions that remain to be addressed and the likely course of research in upcoming years; and
- Outline the practical applications and general significance of research to society.
Who uses Annual Reviews?
- Researchers who want to keep abreast of their field and integrate this information with their own activities;
- Researchers who want an introduction to new fields, with a view to developing an interface between different areas of research;
- Students at all levels who want to gain a thorough understanding of a topic; and
- Business people, journalists, policy makers, practitioners, patients and patient advocates, and others who wish to be informed about developments in research.