1. Application may be submitted either in writing, or in video (film) format. For further details see points 4 and 5, below.
2. Applications may be submitted in English, Russian, French and Spanish (these are the main international languages that EIFL-PLIP staff and experts can read and understand, and we have chosen these languages for administrative purposes). If you submit your application using video format, you may use your mother-tongue, but the video must have clear subtitles in English.
3. Past and present EIFL-PLIP grantee libraries may not apply for an Innovation Award for an EIFL-PLIP-funded service. However, they may submit an application for a service not funded by EIFL-PLIP that qualifies for this award. Past EIFL Public Library Innovation Award winners may not apply for a service that has received an EIFL innovation award in the past, but may submit an application for a different service.
4. If you decide to submit your application in writing, make sure that:
- You fill in the Application form in full.
- Your application is supported by 3 photos capturing the innovative service presented in the application.
5. If you decide to submit your application in video format, make sure that:
- The video incorporates all the information required by the Application form (doc), including (1) Information about your library (2) Background to the service (3) Description of the service and why it is innovative (4) Results / impact of the service. You must study the Application form (doc) carefully for explanations of the information required.
- The video is less than five minutes in length.
- The video has clear English subtitles.
- The video is uploaded to YouTube.
6. We will only accept applications (written or video) that are submitted through the EIFL online submission system. If you need technical assistance with registration on the system, or uploading your application, please get in touch with us via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
An e-mail help desk will be available during the period the Innovation Award call is open. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. The language of communication is English.
7. The deadline for applications is Monday, 8 November 2021.
- Winners will be selected by a panel of international experts.
- In selecting winners, the panel of experts will focus on what is creative and innovative about the service, and the results (impact) of the service. They will want to see quantitative and qualitative evidence of positive impact of the service, including statistics, information from service evaluation, surveys and interviews.
- Only applications submitted by public and community libraries from developing and transition countries are eligible and will be assessed by the panel of experts.
- The service should have started during or after January 2020. It should have been operational for at least 12 months and be operational at the time of application.
- Only one service can be presented in the application. Other services presented in the application will not be considered.
- Services which are currently funded by EIFL-PLIP, or which have received EIFL-PLIP funding in the past, are NOT eligible for innovation awards. However, libraries that have received funding from EIFL-PLIP may submit an application for any service not funded by EIFL-PLIP.
What countries are eligible to apply?
The call is open to applicants from transition and developing countries. See the complete list.
Public and community libraries may apply.
- A public library is a library that is open to the general public, and which makes all kinds of knowledge and information available. The main source of funding is the local/regional/national government.
- A community library is a library which is primarily supported by community contributions, and which makes all kinds of knowledge and information available.
Are services that have been funded by EIFL-PLIP eligible?
No, they are not. Past and present EIFL-PLIP grantee libraries may not apply for an Innovation Award for the EIFL-PLIP-funded service even if the grant contract period is over.
However, libraries that have received funding from EIFL-PLIP may submit an application for any services not funded by EIFL-PLIP that are qualified for the award category.