ABOUT THE AGREEMENT
31 Dec 2023
PRICING AND LICENCES:Login
Led by renowned historian Henry Louis Gates, Jr., the Oxford African American Studies Center (AASC) is the most comprehensive digital guide to African American and African history and culture. Including thousands of biographies and subject entries, AASC delves into the lives of influential Africans and African Americans, such as Mansa Musa, President Barack Obama, Oprah Winfrey, Chinua Achebe, Beyoncé Knowles, and Nelson Mandela.
Africa and Diaspora Studies, African American Studies, Arts and Leisure, Business and Labor, Education and Academia, Government and Politics, History, Religion and Spirituality, Science and Medicine.
- The Oxford African American Studies Center provides students, scholars and librarians with thousands of articles by top scholars in the field,
- It features thousands of images, hundreds of primary sources with specially written commentaries, and various maps have been collected to enhance this reference content.
- The Oxford African American Studies Center also provides "Focus On" articles which feature essays, photographic essays, and a selected list of articles that will further guide the reader.
- 15,000+ biographies
- 4,000+ articles cover topics ranging from Aardvark to Zydeco and the Middle Passage to AIDS in Africa
- 700 primary source documents with specially written commentaries
- 2,500+ images
- 200+ country and territory maps, with thematic maps that illustrate major events from the Civil War to the Civil Rights Movement
- 150+ charts and tables offer information on everything from demographics to government and politics to business and labour to education and the arts.
- Multimedia content: Film clips provide yet another glimpse into African American history, allowing users the opportunity not only to read about moments like Hank Aaron's breaking of Babe Ruth's homerun record, or the recording of music by jazz greats like Miles Davis or Billie Holliday, but to see and hear these moments as they happened.
- Timelines guide you through key events in the history and culture of African Americans in sports, military, and more, including women's history and Africa and the Diaspora.
- Search and Browse by Subject Category and Era
- Refine by Subject Category: Arts & Leisure, Business & Economics, Education & Academia, Government & Politics, History, Religion & Spirituality, Science & Medicine
- Explore by Era: Ancient & Medieval Worlds, Age of Exploration & Colonial Era, Antebellum Era & Slave Economy, Civil War, Reconstruction, Age of Segregation & Progressive Era, Great Depression & New Deal, WWII & Post-war Desegregation, Civil Rights Era, Contemporary World