ABOUT THE AGREEMENT
Oxford Art Online offers access to the most authoritative, inclusive, and easily searchable online art resources available today. Through a single gateway, users can access and cross-search Oxford’s acclaimed, regularly updated art reference works: the Grove Dictionary of Art and the Benezit Dictionary of Artists. Grove Art is the foremost scholarly art encyclopedia, offering global coverage of visual culture, composed and expanded in collaboration with thousands of scholars and specialists around the world. Benezit offers unique information about the sale and collection of artists’ work, and it is one of the most comprehensive and definitive resources of artists’ biographies available. In addition, users can search and access Oxford art reference titles including the Encyclopedia of Aesthetics (2nd edition), The Oxford Companion to Western Art, and The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Art Terms.
Oxford Music Online is a gateway offering users the ability to search multiple music reference resources in one location, with over 52,000 articles written by nearly 9,000 scholars charting the diverse history and cultures of music around the globe. With Grove Music Online as its cornerstone, Oxford Music Online also provides search of The Oxford Companion to Music (revised 2011), which offers more than 8,000 articles on composers, performers, conductors, instruments and notation, forms and genres, and individual works; and the Oxford Dictionary of Music 2nd edition (revised 2006), which supplements Grove's more extensive articles with content geared toward undergraduates and general users. Both of these sources are included in subscriptions to Grove Music Online. Clicking search results in Grove Music Online leads to the Grove website; search results in the Companion and the Dictionary lead to full text articles on Oxford Reference.
Art and architecture, including visual arts from pre-history to present day (from Paleolithic cave and rock art to the work of Frida Kahlo and Damien Hirst), fine art (painting, sculpture and architecture), and the decorative arts (ceramics, textiles, jewellery, interior design, furniture, glass, metalwork and more).
Music, including the history of music and cultural studies
- Authoritative, peer-reviewed articles with supporting materials including bibliographies, media, and links to related resources
- Powerful search engine with filtering options to refine by source, type, subject, and availability
- Navigation and options to save, print, or share articles
- OpenURL compliance to allow users to query their library catalogue and external resources with bibliographic information
- Learning resources including subject guides, timelines, and resources for educators
- Librarian Resource Centre
- Oxford Music Online tools and resources (includes user manual and subject guides)
- Oxford Art Online tools and resources (includes collection guides and subject guides)
- Information sheet on how to promote digital resources in your library