ABOUT THE AGREEMENT
SAGE Research Methods supports research at all levels by providing material to guide users through every step of the research process.
Nearly everyone at a university is involved in research, from students learning how to conduct research to faculty conducting research for publication to librarians delivering research skills training and doing research on the efficacy of library services. SAGE Research Methods has the answer for each of these user groups, from a quick dictionary definition, a case study example from a researcher in the field, a downloadable teaching dataset, a full-text title from the Quantitative Applications in the Social Sciences series, or a video tutorial showing research in action.
SAGE Research Methods contains content from:
- 1,022 books currently live, include books, handbooks, Little Green and Little Blue Books, and Major Works
- 17 reference works provide dictionary definitions and encyclopedia entries
- 179 Little Green Books provide short, accessible introductions to quantitative methods
- 47 Little Blue Books provide short, accessible introductions to qualitative methods
- 83 videos
Sage Research Methods offers access to over 220,000 pages of SAGE’s renowned book, journal and reference content, and provides advanced search and discovery tools. It is complemented by SAGE Research Methods Cases which provides case studies of research to support teaching and learning of research methods. Sage Research Methods Cases is also now available through EIFL.
SAGE Research Methods focuses on methodology rather than disciplines so it supports students and researchers across a broad range of subject areas including business and management, counselling, criminology, education, geography, health and social care, media and communication, politics and international relations, psychology, and sociology.
- Over 220,000 pages of content covering hundreds of methodological approaches
- Exclusive collections of case studies, practice datasets and expert videos, commissioned by SAGE to match the entire research methods and statistics curriculum
- Online access to the complete Quantitative Applications in the Social Sciences series (QASS), also known as “The Little Green Books”, as well as the Qualitative Research Methods series (QRMS), or “The Little Blue Books”
- Resources to help faculty write up their methodology for publication
- Exclusive research tools and functionalities to support researchers at every level
- Essential supplementary support for course learning and dissertation projects for Business, Communications, Criminology, Education, Health Sciences, Psychology, Political Science, Social Work and Sociology
- Help for librarians offering training in information literacy, research skills, literature review and writing
- Modern platform optimized for mobile and tablet use
- Offers exclusive research tools: The Methods Map, a dynamic visual search tool ('Methods Map') which is supported by the custom-designed taxonomy that follows users on their search. Users can click through at any time to find related topics, delve more in depth into a term, or backtrack to a broader view; Project Planner, which guides users through each step of planning their research project by combining new instructional content with curated site searches; and Choose Your Stats Test, to help users identify the best statistical method to analyse their data, based on a few multiple choice questions.
- Enables users to build private and public 'Methods Reading Lists' of content from their searches to access later or share with other users. Users can also search other users’ public lists.