As part of the EIFL eLibrary Myanmar project, Susanna Lob (Manager of the EIFL-Licensing Programme) will visit Yangon and Mandalay, Myanmar.
The eLibrary Myanmar project started in December 2013, and we are delighted with the progress that has already been made:
- Access to over 20 commercial e-resources (including over 10,000 full text journals and more than 130,000 full text ebooks) is already available at University of Yangon and the University of Mandalay.
- To enable faculty and students to cross-search content from multiple e-resources via a single interface, we have also licensed the EBSCO Discovery Service.
- An extensive programme of training for librarians has begun, and faculty training is about to start.
Key objectives for the trip include:
- Introducing the project to the newly-appointed Rectors at the University of Yangon and the University of Mandalay.
- Reviewing progress to date, and planning next steps, through discussions with EIFL Local Coordinators in Yangon and Mandalay, and key institutional and library contacts.
- Attending the first training session for faculty at the University of Yangon.
- Follow up meetings with faculty who have recently attended development programmes at the Central European University and Oxford University.
- Planning for stage two - meetings with Rectors, Pro-Rectors and senior library/faculty staff at other institutions that are interested in participating in the project.