As part of the EIFL eLibrary Myanmar project, Susanna Lob (Manager, Special Projects, EIFL-Licensing Programme) will visit Yangon, Dagon, and Mandalay, Myanmar.
The project (which began in December 2013) has already had a big impact at the University of Yangon and the University of Mandalay (please see a recent article in Insights: the UKSG Journal for details).
We are delighted that three additional universities will be joining the project shortly:
- University of Dagon
- University of Economics, Yangon
- University of Yadanabon
Key objectives for the trip include:
- Introducing the project at the first training events to be held at the new partner institutions, and meeting with Rectors, Pro Rectors, and senior library and faculty staff.
- Reviewing progress to date, and planning next steps, through discussions with EIFL Local Coordinators in Yangon and Mandalay, and key institutional and library contacts.
- Meeting with senior staff and IT personnel at all partner universities to discuss website developments and improvements to infrastructure and bandwidth.
- Meeting with other organisations to explore opportunities for future collaboration.