When an institution signs an EIFL negotiated Licence it agrees to:
- Issue passwords only to staff and students;
- Make staff and students aware that they cannot share their passwords with anyone else;
- Only allow Authorised Users access to the resource through a secure network;
- Make sure that Authorised Users are aware of what they are and aren’t allowed to do with the resource;
- Let the publisher know immediately if they are aware of unauthorised access or use of the resource. Also to take the appropriate steps to ensure unauthorised access or use is not repeated.
A breach of a Licence is a serious matter and can be grounds for termination of the agreement. This places the rights of other users in jeopardy.