EIFL has signed a new agreement with Brill, which runs until 31 December 2023. The agreement includes discounted access to the Brill Humanities & Social Science, Law, and Biology journals collections for libraries in 24 EIFL partner countries:
Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Botswana, Congo, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lesotho, Malawi, Maldives, Namibia, Nepal, Palestine, Senegal, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Zambia, Zimbabwe
The agreement also offers authors from 38 EIFL partner countries the option to publish their articles in open access for free or at discounted Article Processing Charges (APCs) in one of Brill’s 314 hybrid or fully open access journals.
Waived APCs are available to corresponding authors from 18 countries: Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lesotho, Malawi, Moldova, Myanmar, Nepal, Senegal, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Discounted APCs are available to corresponding authors from 20 countries:
- 50% discount for authors from Estonia, Serbia, Slovenia
- 60% discount for authors from Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Fiji, Georgia, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Maldives, North Macedonia, Palestine, Thailand, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
- 80% discount for authors from Botswana, Namibia
Authors do not need to actively claim the waiver or discount, instead they will be recognized automatically when they select Open Access during the submission process.
- Read more about waived and discounted APCs from Brill for corresponding authors in EIFL partner countries.
- Read more about the agreement to access the Brill Journals Collections.