On December 15, 2014, EIFL launched its brand-new website. With a modern design and enhanced functionality, the new website provides users with an intuitive and engaging browsing experience.
The new site is geared towards EIFL’s global audience of librarians, researchers, publishers, funders, policymakers and students, with easy-to-navigate and mobile-optimized pages.
“The concept and design of the new website appeals to our international audience and better reflects the important work being done by EIFL's team around the world,” says Simona Siad, EIFL’s Communications Manager. “The website is often our first point of contact with our audience, and as such our new site will play a key role in future communications and outreach strategies.”
The new eifl.net was designed by Gregoire Vella, a user interface designer, and developed by a team of developers from gai.co.in/about-us Gai Technologies, a boutique development company. The new site continues to use Drupal as a content management system.
The website is fully responsive, which means you can easily access the website from your smartphone or tablet. The fresh, contemporary and unified design across all platforms follows EIFL’s enhanced visual identity, and there is also a text-only version of the site for users living in low-bandwidth areas and countries.
New features of the site include:
- An enhanced easy-to-use homepage with interactive stories/images, social media feed features and videos.
- A new resources gallery with the latest EIFL reports, articles, case studies, webinars and guides. The gallery allows users to filter by content and region to be able to find the resources they need quickly.
- A new EIFL in Action gallery, which allows users to scroll through EIFL’s work in more than 60 developing and transition countries.
- An interactive map with updated country pages showcasing EIFL partner library consortia.
- A coordinators gallery which showcases our international network of coordinators, and also new staff, advisory and management board photos and pages.
- Updated programme landing pages (Licensing, Copyright and Libraries, Open Access and Public Library Innovation), which showcase videos, information and photos at the programmatic level.
- An interactive online annual report, which allows users to scroll and see EIFL’s achievements from the past year.
- A new e-resources gallery, where users can search through EIFL licenced commercial e-resources and our publisher partner pages.
- News, blog, media and events pages. Users can filter the latest updates by either programme and country, and share and comment on posts they like.
- A new and improved search box for users to be able to search the site and EIFL content.
- And much more!
EIFL's new website was built to be accessible for people with disabilities and follows the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. User testing was also conducted to ensure the usability of the site. The website looks and works best when viewed in Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
All site content, except where otherwise noted, is licenced under a Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) licence. You can also view our our privacy & copyright policy, cookies policy and disclaimer online. Have any further questions? Take a look at our updated FAQs.
We invite you to explore the new site and let us know what you think. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and feedback.