ABOUT THE RESOURCE
IRYNA KUCHMA, EIFL OPEN ACCESS PROGRAMME MANAGER
In this joint EIFL/CARLIGH (Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Ghana) webinar Iryna Kuchma, EIFL Open Access Programme Manager, talks about -
- Institutional repository coordination and management;
- Development of a repository policy and workflows;
- Increasing the amount of items deposited in the repository by identifying suitable publications for deposit and working with researchers on deposit of research outputs into the repository;
- Liaising with publishers on issues relating to archiving policies including embargo periods;
- Monitoring deposit, download and other usage indicators to identify the impact and success of the repository and areas for improvement in the service, producing usage reports;
- Ensuring and monitoring metadata quality;
- Developing an advocacy programme to create a broad culture of engagement within the institution, and
- Developing advocacy and publicity materials and training programmes and materials.
She also provides some good practice examples, shows free tools for repository managers and shares re-usable materials. The webinar concludes with a Q&A session with the participants.
See the webinar slides here in PDF or in PowerPoint.