We’re inviting African open access journal editors and publishers to join this webinar to learn more about open access journals editorial processes and business models.
- Date and time: 17 February, 10 - 11.30am GMT
- Registration: Please register here
Louise van Heerden and Susan Veldsman (ASSAf - Academy of Science South Africa) and Susan Murray (AJOL - African Journals Online) will talk about editorial processes, covering peer review, editorial quality, the editorial board, screening article submissions for plagiarism, and journal business models. There will also be discussion of the Journal Publishing Practices and Standards (JPPS) framework and evaluations.
This is the second in a series of seven webinars for journal editors and publishers in Africa organized by AJOL, ASSAf , DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals), EIFL, LIBSENSE and UCT (University of Cape Town) on Thursdays at 10:00 GMT from 10 February to 24 March. The webinars take place in English and French.
Schedule of future webinars:
- 24 February - Copyright and licensing in open access journals
- 3 March - Open access journals best practices
- 10 - March - Journal indexing, other publishing platforms and related issues
- 17 March - Addressing predatory publishing issues
- 24 March - New ways to assess the quality of science and scientists and the role of African open access journals