ABOUT THE RESOURCE
EIFL Public Library Innovation Programme (EIFL-PLIP) Impact Manager Ugne Lipeikaite explains why community needs assessment is the key to developing successful programmes, and offers tips for implementing the two main components of community needs assessment -
- Building a community profile, and
- Identifying community needs.
The video includes an example of community needs assessment conducted for an EIFL-PLIP project in Uganda.
‘EIFL-PLIP’s Small Bites: ‘Community Needs Assessment (6 minutes) is one of a series of short videos for public librarians and public library trainers produced by EIFL-PLIP.
More EIFL-PLIP Small Bites -
- ‘How to evaluate your library’s training programme’ (5 minutes)
- ‘Outcomes of library programmes and services’ (6 min 45 sec)
- 'Managing Workshop Expectations' (5 minutes)
Enjoy the ‘Small Bites’. Let us know if you found the format and content useful, or have any other feedback – email@example.com