ABOUT THE RESOURCE
Emanuella Giavarra; Emilija Banionyte
Emanuella Giavarra, EIFL's legal adviser and an expert in e-resource licensing, covers the following topics:
- Why EIFL has model licences, and how they benefit libraries and library users
- Recent updates to the EIFL model licences for e-journals (subscriptions and backfile purchase) and for datasets and e-book subscriptions - for example, a broader definition of authorised users; new permitted uses; new provisions regarding covering text mining, data mining and metadata (datasets and e-book licence only); new intellectual property rights; and new responsibilities for publishers.
- Opportunities for local adaptation of the EIFL model licences and use by library consortia in their own negotiations.
- Emanuella's presentation is followed by a presentation on the EIFL model licence and local legal requirements in Lithuania by Emilija Banionyte, president of the Lithuanian Research Library Consortium and Library Director at the Lithuanian University of Educational Sciences.
- Slides in PDF format
- Slides in Powerpoint format