ABOUT THE AGREEMENT
EIFL has negotiated discounted subscription rates for OpenAthens Lite. OpenAthens is an identity and access management solution that provides remote access to e-resources through single-sign on. OpenAthens Lite is a simpler version of the standard OpenAthens solution.
- Single sign-on. OpenAthens Lite establishes one set of log-in credentials for all web resources and applications, including e-resources. Users can sign in and access the information they need without unnecessary barriers or complications.
- Account management. OpenAthens Lite is designed specifically for librarians to manage authentication and end-user accounts. Their admin dashboard provides an intuitive user interface to manage users and control the subscriptions they can access.
- Seamless off-site and on-site access. OpenAthens Lite integrates with institutions that still rely on IP authentication. Single links are created that allow users to access information regardless of where they are located. It also enables access for people using mobile devices to reach the information they need.
- Statistics and data. Comprehensive usage statistics show how often content is accessed and by which users. The reporting tool provides valuable insights into which parts of your organization engages most regularly with your library or information center services so you can manage resources and subscriptions more effectively.
- Easy integration. OpenAthens Lite slots seamlessly into existing library systems to provide the best user experience possible.
- Connections to up to 20 vendors. OpenAthens Lite supports a limited number of up to 20 vendor resources from the OpenAthens catalogue.
- Available as add-on:
- MyAthens Plus. Give users a list of links to subscribed content, CORE open access resources and curated library content.
- Self-registration. Invite users to create their own OpenAthens accounts