Overview | Agreement term | Eligible countries | Pricing and licenses | Subject coverage | Key features | Further information | About the vendor
Cambridge Journals Online offers access to a multi-disciplinary collection of over 320 leading journals covering subjects including science and technology, medicine, and the humanities and social sciences.
Cambridge Journals are recognized globally for their quality, scope and editorial integrity. Many are the leading journals in their fields and together they form one of the most valuable and comprehensive collections of research available today.
Until 31 December 2013
Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Cambodia, Cameroon, Egypt, Estonia, Fiji, Georgia, Ghana, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Moldova, Mongolia, Mozambique, Palestine, Senegal, Serbia, Slovenia, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Zimbabwe
- Institutions in the countries above: if you are interested in gaining access to Cambridge Journals Online, please contact your EIFL-Licensing Coordinator.
Pricing and licences
Available to members only here.
[Back to top]
Cambridge Journals Online covers a broad range of subjects across the Humanities, Social Sciences and Science. Key areas include: Applied Science; Environment and Conservation; Agriculture; Neuroscience and Biomedicine; History; Area Studies; Language and Linguistics; and Political Science and International Relations.
- The Complete Collection includes access to over 320 online journals in 2013, including back files.
- Smaller subject-focused packages are also available (number of journals correct as at November 2012):
- Humanities and Social Sciences Collection – 196 journals
- Science, Technology and Medicine Collection – 150 journals
- 21 new journals are available in 2013. Please click here to download the list.
- Free access to back issues (not including the Digital Archive) for the duration of the deal. For most journals these files extend back to 1997.
- Almost 60% of titles are indexed by Thomson Reuters - 161 journals are indexed in the Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI) and the Science Citation Index (SCI) with a further 46 titles indexed only in the Arts & Humanities Index
- Behavioral and Brain Sciences is placed top of the entire Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI)
- American Political Science Review, Behavioral and Brain Sciences, Journal of Economic History, World Politics, and Microscopy & Microanalysis are all ranked number 1 in their categories.
- Powerful search engine, which provides full-text searching throughout the database, and offers the advantages of Boolean searching.
- Access via Athens and Shibboleth as well as via IP address.
- A mobile version (which also requires less bandwidth) is now available.
- COUNTER 3 compliant usage statistics.
- Citation links to CrossRef, PubMed and Google Scholar.
- Perpetual access to paid for content.
- All content is with OCLC to ensure long term availability. Agreements are due with PORTICO.
- Excellent quality and value as shown by the 2008 LISU Pricing and Quality Survey – journals from Cambridge University Press were found to have the lowest median prices per impact factor for the majority of the period surveyed (2000-6), as well as the lowest monetary price increases year on year.
About the vendor
Click here for information about Cambridge University Press.
[Back to top]