ABOUT THE E-RESOURCE
Credo Online Reference Service combines innovative technology and award-winning content to help users gain important information skills, providing a strong reference foundation before seamlessly connecting them to librarian-approved resources.
The service, named “Best Overall” by Library Journal in 2012, is packaged with the Academic Core Collection which includes over 700 e-books from more than 95 publisher imprints including Cambridge University Press, Elsevier, Routledge, SAGE, and Wiley-Blackwell. Purchased in print, this collection of titles would cost over $100,000.
Art, business, education, food & beverage, geography, history, language, law, literature, medicine, music, philosophy, psychology, religion, science, social sciences, technology and includes: atlases, biographies, chronologies, dictionaries, encyclopedias, facts, gazetteers, guides, handbooks, histories, image collections, quotations, religious texts, speeches, statistics, thesauri
- Authoritative, award-winning reference content to give users context before starting the research process
- Topic Pages that provide users with a perfect starting point for research
- The Credo Mind Map visually shows relationships between topics
- Ability to integrate Subject and Publisher Collections throughout the life of your subscription, with perpetual and subscription purchase options
- Familiar search box that appeals to users of open web search engines
- Embedded teaching and learning tools that allow users to engage with authoritative reference content
- Optimized investments in existing discovery systems through improved relevancy of search results
- Improved mobile experience for smartphones and tablets
- “Listen” feature that reads content aloud
- Multilingual user interface in English, Chinese, French, Polish, Spanish and Urdu
- Translation tool, allowing Topic Pages and entries to be viewed in dozens of different languages