ABOUT THE E-RESOURCE
Created by the U.S. National Library of Medicine, MEDLINE is an authoritative bibliographic database that contains citations and abstracts for biomedical and health journals used by health care professionals, nurses, clinicians and researchers engaged in clinical care, public health and health policy development.
MEDLINE uses MeSH (Medical Subject Headings) indexing with tree, tree hierarchy, subheadings and explosion capabilities to search citations from over 5,600 current biomedical journals. Medline can be subscribed individually or as part of the EBSCO Publishing Premier Package.
Medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, allied health.
- Over 19 million references to journal articles in life sciences with a concentration on biomedicine
- Indexed records with NLM Medical Subject Headings (MeSH)
- Citations from nearly 5,600 worldwide journals in in 60 languages
- Coverage from 1946 to the present
- Publications from scholarly journals
- Majority of journals selected based on the recommendation of the Literature Selection Technical Review Committee
- Access is via EBSCOhost which offers sophisticated yet intuitive functionality, and a wide range of customisation options, to support the needs of the widest possible range of users.